Sunday, March 23, 2014

Loving right now

Some random love and a tribute to ease in everyday life...

Because I need to be on my feet for anywhere from 5 to 8 hours (and be cheerful about it!) I'm happy to report that my investment in good, comfortable shoes and boots a few years ago is paying off. I get all leather soles zipsoled at my local cobbler and use Lexol cleaner and conditioners on the uppers so they always look polished. (I use Lexol on my bags, too, and highly recommend it, along with a water and stain repellant).

Currently rotating between Loeffler-Randall Felix booties, Dieppa Restrepo Cali oxfords (from Totokaelo), and Vialis lace-up boots (from Re-Soul in Seattle):






Everything works with skirts or trousers. I don't have to think about it, I can just put them on and go and know I look at least minimally polished.

Also having a deeply appreciative moment for the "messy bobbed hair" trend, thanks in no small part to French actress Clemence Poesy. Let's hope it catches on here in the U.S. (my hair never did conform to blow-dried styles):


And I'm relying heavily on some makeup classics (also investments from a while back):
NARS radiant tinted moisturizer in Terre Neuve and Rouge d'Armani lipstick in 403. Makes it simple to look pulled together with these two in my pocket.






This medley is on the music rotation where I work. I looked up from a busy counter to see people milling around and singing softly along... nice work IZ. Enjoy, and feel free to sing along, too.




What current favorites are making your life easier these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughtful comments are always welcome.