Thursday, February 20, 2014

How I Wear It: ellen:truijen 4 Big Ways Bag

Corrine, a stylish and busy New Yorker, has been so kind as to write a post for Q about the 4 Big Ways Bag she bought last summer:



I purchased the Ellen Truijen 4 Big Ways Bag in dusk cashmere about 8 months ago and it has become a staple in my wardrobe. My look is about less "stuff" and more about high quality. I don't like to shop monthly, preferring staples that can transition from season to season. This bag does just that. 

The 4 Big Ways is beautifully made - the leather is super soft and buttery and the beautiful neutral gray compliments my classic clothing preferences. I carry this bag to work, school and the grocery store without worrying if it can hold my daily supplies or odds and ends I pick up. I routinely put my workout clothes in the bag and it holds its shape nicely. The charm on the zipper is a cute scared ghost from the Pacman video game - it gives a little charm without being distracting. I get asked regularly where I purchased this bag because it's not something you see everyday.

A basic outfit I wear with my 4 Big Ways is a pair of dark wash jeans and fitted white button down shirt with a pair of taupe suede booties, butterfly ring and black leather and stainless steel Bulova watch. I love Truijen's approach to using colors from nature combined with functional styles - I know I will be carrying her bags for years.









Thanks so much Corrine, we love your style! The good news is that  4 Big Ways will be back in the shop for spring. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughtful comments are always welcome.